Table of Contents
Why are my notification Sounds not working android?
A number of reasons can make your phone not notify you when you receive text messages. Your phone could be on mute or Do Not Disturb (DND) modes. You need to disable these modes to allow sound notifications. You may have accidentally set incorrect notification settings that prevent you from receiving any notifications.
Why notification Sounds are not working?
Tap on three-dot apps in your Messages app, and go to Settings > Notifications. If not, enable Show notifications and proceed to tweak options such as Allow playing sound and Allow vibration.
How do I get notification Sounds back on my Android?
To turn on Sound Notifications, follow these steps:
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Accessibility.
- Tap Open Sound Notifications.
- To accept the permissions, tap OK.
- Optional: Change your Sound Notifications shortcut.
Why are my notifications not alerting me?
Cause of Notifications Not Showing up on Android Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode is on. Either system or app notifications are disabled. Power or data settings are preventing apps from retrieving notification alerts. Outdated apps or OS software can cause apps to freeze or crash and not deliver notifications.
How do I get my notification Sound back?
- Open the “Messages” App.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right to open the menu, then select Settings.
- Tap the Notifications menu option.
- Tap the Incoming messages menu option.
- Make sure the setting on this page is set to “Alerting” and not “Silent”.
- In advanced sub menu, look for the Sound option.
How do I get sound notifications for Messages?
How to Set Text Message Ringtone in Android
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
Why is my Android phone not notifying me when I get text messages?
Check Notification Settings of Messages App You can check notification settings from System Settings > Apps and Notifications > Apps > Messages. Then click on the Notifications option and make sure All Messages notifications is toggled on. Also, Android supports multiple channels for notifications.
Why is my phone not alerting me when I get a text?
Check Notification Settings for Messages Open Settings and tap Notifications > Messages. Ensure Allow Notifications is green. Next, check the boxes for Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners. Tap Sounds and choose a loud message tone.
Why don’t I hear a sound when I get a text message?
Check Do Not Disturb Settings To disable it, open Settings on your phone and go to Sound or Notifications. Disable the toggle next to Do not disturb. Sometimes, the scheduled mode of DND is enabled. Disable it too.
Why is my phone not notifying me when I get a text?
Check Notification Settings for Messages To do this: Open Settings and tap Notifications > Messages. Ensure Allow Notifications is green. Next, check the boxes for Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners.
How do I get my phone to make a sound when I get a message?
Why am I not getting Sounds when I get a text?
In advanced sub menu, look for the Sound option. If it is set to None , then this is definitely your issue! Tap the Sound option and select one of your ringtones / notification; this will be the sound that plays when you get a new message. Make sure to hit save!
How do I get my phone to make a Sound when I get a message?
How do I get Sound notifications for text messages?
How to fix Android messages having no notification sound?
– Open the Messenger app. – Tap on your Profile – Tap Notifications & sounds – Go through the sound settings and ensure to toggle on all necessary options.
How to change Android notification sounds?
– Tap on Settings – Tap on Apps – Tap on See all apps – Choose an App – Tap on Notifications – Choose a Category – Tap on Sound – Choose a Notification sound/Ringtone – Tap on Save
How to fix Missed Call Notification not showing in Android?
– Go to Apps – Tap Settings – Tap Notifications – Scroll through apps until you find your Phone app, tap Phone app – Tap Missed calls – Set what kind of notification you want or toggle, so all grey to disable
How do I change notifications on Android?
– Select ringtone – Notification sound – Notification tone – Choose ringtone