What is the correct order of blood flow through the heart?
The right ventricle pumps the oxygen-poor blood to the lungs through the pulmonary valve. The left atrium receives oxygen-rich blood from the lungs and pumps it to the left ventricle through the mitral valve. The left ventricle pumps the oxygen-rich blood through the aortic valve out to the rest of the body.
What are the steps of the blood flow through the heart quizlet?
Steps of Blood Flow in the Heart
- Deoxygenated blood flows from the inferior and superior vena cava into the right atrium.
- The right atrium contracts.
- The blood flows through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle.
- The right ventricle contracts and blood flows from the pulmonary artery to the lungs.
What is the correct order of blood flow from the superior vena cava?
Both the superior vena cava and inferior vena cava empty blood into the right atrium. Blood flows through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle. It then flows through the pulmonic valve into the pulmonary artery before being delivered to the lungs.
What is the four step process of blood circulation?
Blood Flow Step by Step The blood first enters the right atrium. The blood then flows through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle. When the heart beats, the ventricle pushes blood through the pulmonic valve into the pulmonary artery. The pulmonary artery carries blood to the lungs where it “picks up” oxygen.
What are the 5 parts of the cardiovascular system?
The cardiovascular system consists of the heart, veins, arteries, and capillaries. These components make up two circulatory systems: the systemic and pulmonary circulatory systems. The cardiac cycle consists of two phases: systole (relaxation) and diastole (contraction).
What are the steps of the circulatory system?
The circulatory system (cardiovascular system) pumps blood from the heart to the lungs to get oxygen. The heart then sends oxygenated blood through arteries to the rest of the body. The veins carry oxygen-poor blood back to the heart to start the circulation process over.
What are the 6 functions of the circulatory system?
Functions of the cardiovascular system
- Circulates OXYGEN and removes Carbon Dioxide.
- Provides cells with NUTRIENTS.
- Removes the waste products of metabolism to the excretory organs for disposal.
- Protects the body against disease and infection.
- Clotting stops bleeding after injury.