How do I get my CNA license in Houston?
Requirements for being a certified CNA in Texas include:
- Be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Demonstrate that you are in good physical health.
- Have up to date immunization records.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Proof of graduating a state certified CNA program.
- Pass the state CNA exam.
- Being listed on the state CNA registry.
Can you get CNA online?
Many programs offer CNA classes online. However, learners must complete an in-person clinical. They may fulfill this requirement at a hospital or other healthcare setting.
How long is the CNA course in Texas?
In Texas, training programs are offered at schools and facilities all over the state. CNA training programs in Texas consist of at least 100 hours of training, including at least 40 hours of hands-on clinical training.
What do you need to become a CNA in Texas?
How do I become a certified nurse aide (CNA) in Texas?
- successfully complete a state-approved nurse aide training and competency evaluation program, and.
- successfully complete the competency evaluation program examination; or.
- qualify to be placed on the Texas Nurse Aide Registry by waiver or reciprocity.
Does HCC have a CNA program?
Certified Nurse Aide In order to meet the rising demand for trained personnel in the health care industry, HCC offers Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) courses for fast-track training that produces successful graduates sought after for entry-level positions in the field.
What is the CNA program like?
The CNA program will provide the skills, knowledge and abilities essential to providing basic care to residents of long-term care facilities. You will learn about resident’s rights, communication, safety, observation, reporting and assisting residents in maintaining basic comfort and safety. This training prepares you to enter the field of nursing.
Does Houston Community College require the NCLEX?
All Houston Community College System ADN program exams will be computer based to prepare the student for and meet the NCLEX testing requirements. Pregnancy may cause a student to delay completing the program based on the clinical facility requirements.
Does HCC Coleman nursing require Hesi A2 Exam scores?
Applicant must attach HESI A2 exam scores, including Critical Thinking to HCC Coleman Nursing program online application. The application will be declined if the HESI A2 pre-entrance exam scores are not submitted with the application upon submission.