What is the most money spent on a music video?
1. ‘Scream’ More than a quarter-century later, “Scream” still holds the Guinness World Record for the most expensive music video ever made. According to Business Insider, “Scream” tipped the financial scales with a 13-piece set, a $65,000 CGI spaceship and $175,000 spent on lighting alone.
What artist has the most expensive music video?
1. Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson, “Scream” (1995) — $7 million. Rounding out the list with the most expensive music video of all time is the brother-and-sister duo, Michael and Janet Jackson, and their 1995 hit, “Scream.”
What was the most expensive song to make?
As of January 2018, the most expensive music video ever made was ‘Scream’ by Michael and Janet Jackson, which cost seven million U.S. dollars to produce.
How much did Michael Jackson’s Thriller cost?
If you asked a bunch of random strangers to name the most expensive music video of all time, at least a few would certainly say “Thriller” — and it was when it was made in 1983. According to Rolling Stone, Michael Jackson’s groundbreaking 14-minute masterpiece was produced on a budget of $500,000.
What is the most expensive single ever recorded?
The 10 most expensive vinyl records ever sold
- Frank Wilson: ‘Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) – £25,742.
- Tommy Johnson: ‘Alcohol and Jake Blues’ – $37,100.
- Aphex Twin: Caustic Window (test pressing) – $46,300.
- The Beatles: ‘Til There Was You’ (10” acetate) – £77,500.
- The Beatles: Yesterday & Today – $125,000.
What is the biggest music video budget of all time?
TLC, “Waterfalls” TLC ‘s “Waterfalls” was one of the first songs ever to reference the AIDS crisis, and at the time of its release, the $1 million music video budget was one of the biggest ever. If playback doesn’t begin shortly, try restarting your device. An error occurred while retrieving sharing information. Please try again later. 10.
Who has the most music videos of all time?
David Bowie’s video for the 1980 single “Ashes to Ashes” was the first music video to exceed this sum. Janet Jackson leads with six videos on the list, while Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and Ayumi Hamasaki have five each. Ayumi Hamasaki, T-ara, S.E.S., 2NE1 and B.A.P are also the only Asian artists to appear on this list.
What is the 49th most expensive music video of all time?
‘Pillow Talking’ is reportedly the 49th most-expensive music video of all time ^ “Better luck next time: Daler Mehndi”. Rashtriya Sahara. Sahara India Mass Communication. 6 (7–12): 147. 1998.
What makes a great music video?
Whether it’s cinematic or simple, the makings of the best music videos of all time are pretty consistent: Creativity, be it in the form of storytelling or styling; artistry in direction, choreography and/or aesthetics; legacy and ongoing influence long after its left the charts: Did they make you dance, laugh, cry, think? Was it a memorable meme?