How do you update a stored procedure in Entity Framework 6 first?
Go to “Model Browser” > “Function Imports” > find the desired stored procedure class > right click and click on “Edit” In “Edit Function Import” form, in “Returns a Collection Of” section, click on “Update” button. Click “OK” to finish the refresh.
Can we alter stored procedure in SQL?
Alter stored procedure syntax in SQL Server To modify a stored procedure, we can either use ALTER PROCEDURE or ALTER PROC statement. Both statements are the same. The schema_name is used to define the name of the schema and procedure_name is used to define the name of the existing procedure that we want to modify.
How do you update a procedure in Oracle?
- Stored Procedure for an update: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE UPDATEcustomer ( p_name IN CUSTOMER.NAME%TYPE,
- Stored Procedure for a select: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE SELECTcustomer ( p_name IN CUSTOMER.NAME%TYPE,
- Stored Procedure for a delete: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE DELETEcustomer ( p_name IN CUSTOMER3.NAME%TYPE)
How do I add SP to EDMX?
- Right click the entity or empty area in designer windows.
- Choose Add>>Function Import…
- Type the Function Import Name as you like, choose the corresponding Stored Procedure Name in the dropdown list, and set the correct return type of this function.
- Then you call the method like this: context.
How do you update a stored procedure in Oracle SQL Developer?
Follow these steps to edit stored procedure in Oracle SQL Developer.
- In Oracle SQL Developer, click on the Schema to expand the node on the left side.
- Then click on the Procedure node to expand.
- List of Stored Procedure will display.
- Then click on the procedure name which you want to edit.
Why We Use ALTER PROCEDURE in SQL?
The ALTER PROCEDURE statement allows changes to be made to an existing stored procedure.
How do you alter a procedure?
Alter stored procedure syntax in SQL Server
- To modify a stored procedure, we can either use ALTER PROCEDURE or ALTER PROC statement.
- The schema_name is used to define the name of the schema and procedure_name is used to define the name of the existing procedure that we want to modify.
How to update a stored procedure after adding it to entity?
I’ve seen two problems with updating a Stored Procedure after adding it to the entity framework: Open the .edmx file (in the GUI designer). Right-click in some open space and select “Update Model from Database”. Click Finish (when able) on the pop-up window. Your SPROC’s signature should be updated (along with any Function Imports).
How do I update a stored procedure in edmx?
In your .edmx, rt-click and select Model Browser. Within the Model Browser (in VS 2015 default configuration, it is a tab within the Solution Explorer), expand Function Imports under the model. Double-click your stored procedure. Click the Update button next to Returns a Collection Of – Complex (if not returning a scalar or entity)
Can I use stored procedures in EF6?
Starting in EF6 you can configure your Code First model to use stored procedures for some or all entities in your model. You can opt into using stored procedures for insert, update and delete using the Fluent API.
How to add a new entity data model in Visual Studio?
Now, add a new Entity Data Model by right clicking on the project in the solution explorer in Visual Studio (2012/2015/2017) -> Add -> New Item. This will open an Add New Item popup.