Why wont docs let me do a hanging indent?
Select Align & Indent and then click Indentation Options. A dialog box appears. Under Special Indent, click the drop-down menu and then select Hanging. In the box beside Hanging, enter the indent amount in inches (or the measurement system you are using based on your Google account default language).
Why will my citation not indent?
Hanging indents in Google Docs Highlight the citation(s) you want to indent. If you have multiple citation entries, make sure there is a single line of space between each one. Along the top menu, click on “Format,” then go down to “Align & indent,” then click on “Indentation options.”
How do I change a hanging indent in Word?
Hanging Indents Using Paragraph Options
- Select the text you want formatted with a hanging indent.
- Under the Home tab, look for the Paragraph options.
- Click the small arrow icon in the lower right corner to see more options.
- Under the Indents and Spacing tab, select Hanging. Click OK.
How do I force indent in Word?
- Select the text where you want to add a hanging indent.
- Go to Home > Paragraph dialog launcher. > Indents and Spacing.
- Under Special, select one of the following indent styles: Hanging. First Line. None. On Hanging and First Line indents, you can adjust the depth of the indent with the By field.
- Select OK.
How do you tab the second line of a citation?
You use hanging indents in a bibliography, reference list, and works cited. A hanging indent is where the second and subsequent lines of a citation are indented five spaces.
Why can’t I indent Microsoft Word?
Go to Home and select Line and Paragraph Spacing > Line Spacing Options at the bottom of the menu. The Paragraph dialog box opens. On the Indents and Spacing tab, select the options you want, and click OK. The Paragraph dialog box options are described in Adjust indents and spacing.
How do you do a hanging indent on Word for Mac 2020?
Hanging indent in Word
- Right-click your mouse. Or if you’re using a Mac laptop, press ⌘+ctrl+mouse click.
- Under ‘Indentation,’ in the ‘Special:’ field select ‘Hanging’ In the pop-up window that appears, look to the fields under ‘Indentation.
- Enter . 5” in ‘By:’ field.
- Hit ‘OK’
How do I indent the second line in a Word document?
- Highlight the citation.
- Select “Format” in the top menu.
- Select “Align and Indent” in the drop down.
- Then click “Indentation Options”
- In the window that opens, under special indent, select “Hanging”
- Click the “Apply” button.
How do I indent every paragraph in Word?
293 How do I indent a paragraph in Word?
- Select the paragraph to be indented;
- From the Home tab, Paragraph group, click on the Increase Indent button – this will indent the paragraph on the left by 1.27 cm. Every time you click this button the paragraph will be indented by a further 1.27 cms.
How do I indent multiple lines in Word?
If you want to indent multiple lines of text or all lines of a paragraph, you can use the Indent commands….To indent using the Indent commands:
- Select the text you want to indent.
- On the Home tab, click the Increase Indent or Decrease Indent command.
- The text will indent.
Why is my Tab key not working in Word?
Press the Alt key twice, then see if the Tab key restarts to work. Press and hold the Alt key, then press the 0, 0, and 9 number keys on your keyboard, and release the keys. Press the Ctrl key twice, and try Tab to see if it works. Press the Windows logo key twice, and see if it fixes your problem.
How do you do a hanging indent on a Mac keyboard?
How do you do a hanging indent on the keyboard?
Creating a hanging indent using a keyboard shortcut You can press Ctrl + T to apply a hanging indent to a paragraph. This shortcut will move all lines except the first one to the next tab stop. If there are no user-defined tab stops in the paragraph, Word indents to the first default tab stop.
How do you indent in Word without moving the whole paragraph?
Just hold down the Ctrl key when you press Tab at the start of the first line: this causes Word to insert a Tab character, rather than indenting the whole paragraph.
How to fix hanging indentation in word?
Select the text where you want to remove a hanging indent.
How to create a hanging indent in word?
Follow the steps in either Method 1 or 2 to add a hanging indent to a paragraph.
How to create a hanging indent?
Highlight the portion of text that you want transitioned into a hanging indentation
How to decrease indent on word?
– Select the text you want to indent. – Click the Increase indent shortcut button to increase the indent by increments of a half-inch. – All lines of the paragraph will indent. – Click the Decrease indent shortcut button to decrease the indent by increments of a half-