How do I get Marvell Avastar wireless-AC controller?
Option 1. Download latest Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver from Microsoft website
- Head to Microsoft Install Wireless Drivers on Surface website.
- Choose your operating system.
- Click the download link of your Surface version.
What is Marvell Avastar?
If you are facing problems connecting to the Internet on your Surface tablet, it is more likely there are some problems with the Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver. It is the main wireless interface driver in your Microsoft Surface tablet that is used to connect to wireless networks.
How do I check firmware version on Surface Pro 6?
From the Start button, navigate to Settings. Go to System and click About. You will find the version and build number of your operating system.
Why is my Surface Pro not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Solution 1: Restart your Surface Restart (not shut down) your Surface. Go to Start , and select Power > Restart. After your Surface restarts, sign in to Windows. Go to Start , select Settings > Network & Internet, and see whether your wireless network name appears in the list of available networks.
How do I fix my Wi-Fi on my Surface Pro?
The Windows network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix Wi-Fi problems. Select the Start button, then enter settings. Select Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters > Run next to Network Adapter.
How do I update my Surface Pro drivers?
- Select Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update .
- Select Check for updates. If updates are available, they will install automatically. You may need to restart your Surface after the updates have installed. Check for Windows updates.
How do I fix the wireless adapter on my Surface Pro?
How do I reinstall network adapter on Surface Pro?
Open device manager and expand Network Adapters….
- Shut down your Surface.
- Press and hold the volume-up button on your Surface and at the same time, press and release the power button.
- When you see the Surface logo, release the volume-up button. The UEFI menu will display within a few seconds.
Why my Microsoft Surface Cannot connect to Wi-Fi?
Restart your network hardware and reconnect to Wi-Fi Try restarting your modem, router, and Surface. Here’s how: Remove the power cord from your modem and wireless router. After all lights on the devices go out, wait at least 30 seconds and plug the modem in again.
What do I do if my Wi-Fi driver is missing?
Press Windows + X keys on your keyboard and select Device Manager. Right-click the wireless adapter and select Update driver. Choose the option Search automatically for updated driver software. Wait for Windows to search and download the driver.
How do I know what Wi-Fi driver I need?
To identify the correct Wi-Fi card vendor, choose one of the following options:
- If the Wi-Fi card driver has been installed, open Device Manager, right-click on the Wi-Fi card device, select Properties -> Driver tab and the driver provider will be listed out.
- Check Hardware ID.
How do I update my Surface Wi-Fi driver?