Can we file RTI online in Tamilnadu?
At present the Tamil Nadu Government does not have the facility for filing RTI for the state departments online.
Can we get RTI reply online?
An applicant who desires to obtain information under the RTI Act, 2005 can make a request through this RTI Online Portal to the Central Ministries/Departments and other Central Public Authorities mentioned in ONLINE RTI request form.
How can I apply for RTI?
How to file an RTI plea
- Step 1: Identify the department you want information from.
- Step 2: On a sheet of white paper, write out the application by hand, or type it, in English, Hindi or the official language of the area.
- Step 3: Address the application to the State/Central Public Information Officer.
How can I file RTI online for free?
Online RTI Request Form
- Cabinet Secretariat.
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- Department of Administrative Reforms & PG.
- Department of Agricultural Research & Education.
- Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare.
- Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries.
What if RTI is not answered in 30 days?
If the applicant does not receive the response for the RTI, within 30 days (or 35 days in case the application was transferred to another department or was submitted to APIO) of submitting the application, then the applicant can file for an appeal.
Can RTI information be sent by email?
“The original application can be sent via email, and the fee of Rs10 can be sent through postal order whose number will be in the email. The first and second appeals can be sent in a scanned version via email,” he said.
How can I register RTI online?
Visit the official RTI portal https://rtionline.gov.in.
- For submitting an RTI application click on submit request option.
- On clicking on submit request option ‘Guidelines for use of RTI ONLINE PORTAL’ screen will be displayed.
- Then Online RTI Request Form screen will be displayed.
Can RTI be sent by speed post?
The Central Information Commission (CIC), using the powers given under Section 25(5) of the Right to Information (RTI) Act recommended public authorities to send RTI replies by Speed Post, instead of sending it under postal certificate (UPC).
Can I file RTI through email?
What happens if RTI is not answered in 30 days?
How to file RTI online in Tamilnadu?
You are required to Attach Rs.10/- fee in the form of Court Fee Stamp, Cash, DD. Send it via- speed post/registered post or file it directly in the Department. At present the Tamil Nadu Government does not have the facility for filing RTI for the state departments online. However, there is another way that you can use.
What is the cost of RTI in India?
Government designated fee is INR 10. The RTI is to be addressed to the Public Information Officer of the concerned department. The maximum time period assigned for the information sought is thirty days after which first appeal can be filed addressing the appellate authority.
Can RTI application be filed through Rupay card?
An Initiative of Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India. Applicants can now pay the prescribed RTI fee or Additional fee using their RuPay Card also. Please do not file RTI applications through this portal for the public authorities under the State Governments, including Government of NCT Delhi.
What to do if Pio is not responding to RTI?
When the information asked for is not provided to the citizen by the PIO, he can go to the Appellate Authority of that department. In case, the applicant is still not satisfied by the responses being provided, he can file a complaint to the State Information Commission that the department falls under. The RTI Act is also available in Tamil.