How do I use ImageX?
Create WinPE boot disk with ImageX – Video….
- Step 1: Load and customize the reference computer.
- Step 2: Sysprep the reference computer.
- Step 3: Use ImageX to capture the image.
- Step 4 (optional): Prepare the hard drive of the target computer to receive the image.
- Step 5 : Deploy the image to the target computer using ImageX.
What is Windows ImageX?
ImageX is a command-line tool that allows an administrator to capture an image of an entire hard disk drive and its files and folders in a single Windows Imaging Format (WIM) file.
How do you make your own Windows PE?
How to Create Your Own Windows PE Recovery Disc Using Win10XPE
- Tools You Need to Create the Windows PE Recovery Disc.
- Run WinBuilder Win10XPE.
- Select the Recovery Tools for Your Windows 10 PE Rescue Disc.
- Set the Build Core Options.
- Add Custom Files to Your Windows PE Recovery Disc.
- Download Your Windows PE Recovery Disc.
Where is ImageX located?
Copy the updated imagex file (by default, it is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\amd64\DISM\Imagex.exe) to the Tools directory of the mounted Winpe.
How do I capture a Windows 10 image for deployment?
Capture your device image
- Insert a USB drive into the Technician PC.
- On the technician PC, open the Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment as administrator.
- Copy the WinPE files to a working folder:
- Copy the WinPE files to your USB key.
- Move the USB flash drive from the Technician PC to the reference IoT device.
How do I capture an image in WinPE?
How do I install an image from a WinPE USB drive?
After WinPE has fully booted, remove the WinPE USB drive. Plug in a separate storage drive with your image and apply it to the device. Option 3: Apply an image that’s stored on a network location
Can makewinpemedia format my USB key?
Optional You can format your USB key prior to running MakeWinPEMedia. MakeWinPEMedia will format your WinPE drive as FAT32. If you want to be able to store files larger than 4GB on your WinPE USB drive, you can create a multipartition USB drive that has an additional partition formatted as NTFS.
How do I install makewinpemedia on a Windows PC?
Attach a USB drive to your technician PC. Start the Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment as an administrator. Optional You can format your USB key prior to running MakeWinPEMedia. MakeWinPEMedia will format your WinPE drive as FAT32.
How do I deploy Windows 10 to a device using WinPE?
If your PC only has one USB port, you can deploy Windows using two separate USB keys: Boot to WinPE. After WinPE has fully booted, remove the WinPE USB drive. Plug in a separate storage drive with your image and apply it to the device. Option 3: Apply an image that’s stored on a network location